Republican Senator Warren Daniel – Burke and Cleveland NC County Families
Republican Senator Warren Daniel represents voters in Burke and Cleveland County NC which is made up of a large amount of non-custodial parents, step-parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, and other family members and friends. Senator Daniel is an attorney and sits as Co-Chairman on the powerful Judiciary II committee which would undertake the issue of family court reform, social services reform, and equally shared parenting. NC Fathers is an organization of NC non-custodial family members who have had enough of this historical profiteering of the family courts and who are tired of being marginalized to visitor families 4 days a month and under federal enforcement as a payment provider to their young loved ones. NC Fathers is sending the message to Senator Warren Daniel and other Republican lawmakers that our intent is to reach every single Burke and Cleveland County NC non-custodial family member and ask them to review our goals and join our mailing list in an effort to build a citizen lobby group that demands that the Senator addresses our needs. If you identify with this article and want to support our organization, be it as a non-custodial family or proponent of shared parenting, we ask that you join our Facebook page and collaborate with us. NC Fathers reminds Senator Warren Daniel and Senate Republicans that given the divorce rate and system by which one family HAS to be marginalized in a child’s life after divorce or relationship breakdown via the family courts, there are a lot of voters from every political party affiliation, culture and race, socioeconomic status, and educational level who have a stake in this reform.
Family values? Rights of the people to be free of oppressive government control? I wonder if Burke and Cleveland County non-custodial families agree with this campaign message from Warren Daniel?
As an attorney, Senator Warren Daniel knows very well how destructive the family courts are to Burke and Cleveland County NC children and the relationship they have with their non-custodial family. While the Senator may disagree with this assertion, it is likely that non-custodial families will not and that is what is important here. If you are in a Burke and Cleveland County NC family and need a reminder of what Judges and Legislators ask you to live with for 21 years, then we encourage you to click on the red and blue graphic below and we would love to see your comments using the form below this article.
It is also important to remember that the Senator, as an attorney, is a member of the ultra powerful NC Bar Association that is steadfastly opposed to equally shared parenting and who believes that the position you are in is just fine with them.
Republican Senator Warren Daniel, The Burke and Cleveland County NC Family Courts And You
First and foremost, as an attorney, NC Fathers encourages Senator Daniel to explain to county families how it is that Legislators and Judges advocate for a system that pits two parents against each other in a court of law, encourages them to excoriate each other in an attempt to win custody and control, takes $20,000 from each parent in the process (twice over 18 years), and lives with themselves knowing that this money could go towards starting a business, medical expenses, college tuition, or for a down payment on a home?
Often, opponents of shared parenting will say that this arrangement will cause greater conflict between parents, but the above question contains enough conflict potential than anything we can imagine. Senator Daniel, would you rather see $80,000 dollars go to children or lawyers?
Other issues Senator Warren Daniel and Senate Republicans must address regarding the NC Family Courts:
- Senator Daniel, the NC Coalition Against Domestic Violence claims that only men and fathers are responsible for sexual and physical abuse of wives, former wives, and children and this is a good reason to deny fathers equal parentage and access to his children. Yet, they are fine with fathers having visitation with their children. Can you explain how 4 nights a week is a magical number that prevents fathers from killing their ex-wives and children? And if the patriarchal rants of gender and sexual politics coming from this organization is correct, are you and other male legislators also wife beaters and child molesters? Or, is it possible this organization excludes you and your sons because they need your votes?
- NC Fathers encourages Senator Warren Daniel to explain to Burke and Cleveland County NC non-custodial families why their sons go to jail and are excoriated on the public Internet for being deadbeat fathers when they have tough economic times, yet custodial parents are able to escape this via social services educational assistance, job assistance, daycare assistance, food assistance, daycare assistance, medical assistance, housing assistance and tax credits? Senator, would it not make more sense to either create a system by which both parents are empowered for the good of their children, or help offset the need for all these assistance programs by allowing the non-custodial parent and extended family to provide these services naturally?
- Republican Senator Warren Daniel will be told that we cannot have shared parenting because there are powerful women’s rights groups that have enormous power in the NC General Assembly. Senator, have you considered grandmothers, aunts, and step-mothers in non-custodial families? What about non-custodial mothers? Have you considered that every mother in Burke and Cleveland County NC who has a male child will one day be marginalized as a paternal grandmother when these same organizations need for her son to be stereotyped as an abuser? This seems like a lot of women to us Senator.
- Senator Daniel, how is it that our State Legislators and Judges continue to talk about the “absent parent” problem that we supposedly have in this state, yet each day in the Burke and Cleveland County family courts Judges allow custodial parents to move children many states away from non-custodial families who are active to the extent Judges will allow them?
- Does Senator Warren Daniel realize that there are tens of thousands of parents who come home daily to find their spouse has decided to leave a marriage and under NC law, that parent does not have to allow the other parent to EVER see his children again unless he can come up with $20,000 to exercise his rights? What happens to those parents who don’t have that money Senator? And you are fine with this? Have you talked with Senate Republicans about this? We see where you sponsored bill S41 which honored boy scouts, but you won’t sponsor a bill that protects a parent from this family court pay wall?
- Senator Warren Daniel and Republican lawmakers need to realize that we are tired of being triggers for increased federal and state money through collection of child support. Burke and Cleveland County NC non-custodial families should realize that for every dollar collected in child support, the federal government gives make an equal match of Title IV-D money that can then be used to replenish welfare expenditures. To us, it seems like the State of NC and lawmakers have developed a system why which one family is purposefully pushed to the outer margins of the kid’s lives in order to increase federal support payments which triggers greater funding for the State. For every non-custodial parent who pays $800 a month in child support via enforcement, the federal government gives back Burke and Cleveland County $800 to pay for food stamps, WIC, and other social services programs. We are not opposed to these services, we just don’t think pushing parents to the outer margins of their kids lives is appropriate to obtain funding for these programs.
Republican Senator Warren Daniel versus Cleveland and Burke County NC Non-Custodial Families
Senator Warren Daniel should see the message that we sent on 5/18/2013 to our 6,000 member mailing list and growing social media channels:
We realize that the Senator will immediately recognize the issues we discuss in this article as uncomfortable and unpopular topics especially with colleagues that make so much money from the system. But Senator Daniel, what happens when Burke and Cleveland County non-custodial family voters ALONE equal every lawyer in this State? And, since we are the only organization advocating for these issues, we are finding that our network is growing at an astounding rate.
If you are a Burke and Cleveland County NC non-custodial step-parent, parent, grandparent, aunt or uncles, or possibly even just a friend of the family who sees what they endure daily, then we encourage you to share this article on Senator Warren Daniel with other NC families using Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and Linkedin to help gain maximum exposure.
Additionally, we think it is vitally important that you use the comment system below to leave your personalized comments to the Senator and his staff so they have a good idea of the numbers of voters these issues hit.
Show Support by Copying and Pasting the code below to your Website or Blog:
Please Ask <a href="https://ncfathers.wordpress.com/2013/05/18/republican-senator-warren-daniel-burke-cleveland-county-nc-families">Senator Warren Daniel</a> to urge NC lawmakers to bring about Family Court Reform in Burke and Cleveland Counties.