NC Fathers Rights

Our Goal

How do we unite all Non-Custodial Families? We think what happens many times here is that non-custodial mothers hate this page because of custodial fathers, and non-custodial fathers hate this page because of custodial mothers. Folks, our organization does not advocate for ANY system that maintains the custodial and non-custodial roles. We are not advocating for custodial fathers or mothers. Our belief is that system pits parents against each other and encourages fighting (to win) for 18 years which only hurts children. We think that there needs to be two systems, one where shared parenting is the norm and first thought of Judges. ONLY after one parent either REFUSES to follow shared parenting or is found unfit via EVIDENCE (not accusations) then move to the custodial vs non-custodial roles until the unfit parent resolves his/her issues and then move back to equally shared parenting. Our appeal to you is stop focusing on what the non-custodial/custodial parent has done and focus on the system that is in place to KEEP you fighting to make THEM rich and receive federal money.

NC Fathers believes that in NC there are 4.5 million voters who are associated with a non-custodial family. We believe these people come to us a fathers, paternal grandmothers, step-mothers, paternal aunts and uncles, and other friends and families of the paternal family all who see the frustration with the divisive family courts and social services agencies.

Can you imagine what would happen if 4.5 million voters emailed, FAXed, or called their local, state, and federal legislators and demanded changes to the courts so that you have equal access and parentage to your minor children?

These changes would be made at once. Judges and Legislators need you to keep their jobs.

If you are ready to make these changes, our GOAL is to build a massive email list of non-custodial families who we can then use to change legislation and policies of the courts.

Learn About The New Swing Voters in NC

Why are there so many absent Fathers in NC?

Please join our mailing list



  1. I’m a proud father that has always made sure my son comes first. Paid child support on time and for six years paid $125 more a month than required to while also carrying him on my insurance. In 2010 I had to have an emergency 6 bypass surgery. In 2011 I was down sized from my employer of 14 years. Carried COBRA for as long as I could while drawing unemployment and waiting for disability to come through. My ex took me to court four times in four months over petty stuff. Even emailed me that I was $5 short on my copay for Dr. visits. Finally in October of 2012 (Filed for disability in April 2011) I got disability. My son got dependent benefits of $794/month. He is 18 now and a HS Senior with all A’s. I no longer have to pay support. The kicker is she doesn’t give him any money and since I live about 30 miles from them when he comes to see me she won’t let him drive up unless I give him gas money. Does anyone know whether he’s entitled to get the benefits now that he’s 18? I’m going to file a complaint with Social Services and Social Security but not much confidence that it will do any good. I’m so helpless it looks like and our son is as tired of this as I am.


    Comment by Philip White | March 29, 2013 | Reply

    • Philip, now that your son is 18 he is entitled to get the same benefits as anyone provided that he meets the criteria to get said benefits which is usually leaving their bank accounts at lightning pace because custodial parents are using social services as fathers these days.


      Comment by stompkinsnc | March 29, 2013 | Reply

  2. He gets the benefits but it’s deposited in my ex’s bank account and he has no access to the funds unless she gives it to him. Which she doesn’t


    Comment by Philip White | March 29, 2013 | Reply

  3. I’m not a father, I’m the MOTHER. My son is in serious harm, I’ve knocked down every door, NO ONE WILL HELP ME. My case doesn’t comply with CPS standards for child abuse/neglect. And no money to hire an attorney. My son is with his grandparents on his Fathers side. The Father is running from the Law. His parents are harboring him and no one can do anything about it. Please send me info to help me fight in court.


    Comment by Christina Moore | July 7, 2015 | Reply

    • There is no fighting the courts. Lawyers are the legislators and they have to make money. You either come up with the money, or you never see your child again. It’s that simple.


      Comment by stompkinsnc | July 8, 2015 | Reply

      • So, even if I take it into my own hands, petition for mediation, SUE for custody, Without an attorney, because I have NO Attorney, and represent myself, more than likely I will looses, is that what your saying? Is there no program that helps to get attoneys for people in this type of situation? A way for people to start a donation program for parents who can’t afford an attorney? Or do pour CHILDREN, continue to fall through the cracks. Is the only way a parent can get help, is for that parent to have unlimited finances?


        Comment by Christina Moore | July 9, 2015

      • You can certainly petition the courts pro-se (acting as your own attorney) if you can figure out the process to petition, find ALL the paperwork, use the words that has to be on this paperwork, and serve the other client legally. There are a scant few who have done this and one, but an overwhelming chance of losing looms because the other lawyer will just object to anything you have to say because you aren’t using their lingo and terminology and PROCESS.

        You certainly can raise the money to hire an attorney.

        Here is something that happens at 100,000 times a year between divorcing couples which is perfectly legal to do by any parent. One parent can pick a child up, leave with the child and never tell the other parent where he or she is, and can move 2,000 miles away and prevent ALL access until there is a court order. A Father can do this, a Mother can do this. They also can do this at the cost of $0.

        The other parent will HAVE to find $5000-$9000 in retainer fees and other costs to find the child and petition the courts to get any legal relief. If she/he is unable to do that, they never see their child again. If it isn’t done within 6 months, the state where the child is becoming jurisdiction and even if you were about to get the money after 6 months and petition that court how much visitation you think you would get between NC and California after the parental alienating parent establishes permanency for the child.

        There are millions upon millions of parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, siblings, and step-parents who lose contact with their children simply over poverty and not being able to hire a lawyer.


        Comment by stompkinsnc | July 9, 2015

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: